Who is eligible for Summer Care
Summer Care is a program for elementary school children ages 6-12.
What are the hours and fees for Summer Care?
Summer Care operates each weekday from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, starting May 31st and continuing through September 2nd. The basic fee is $4.75 per hour; discounts are given for siblings, and financial assistance is available for qualifying students. For full details, please contact the church office.
What types of activities can I expect my child to be involved in?
- Because we provide a Christian program, devotions and song time are a fixture in our daily routines. This summer, we will be taking a look at Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling devotional.
- Each week will feature activities based on a different theme. Sample themes include kitchen chemistry, wild weather, and amazing artists. The kids will enjoy hands-on learning activities, special projects, games, and stories.
- Weekly story time at Marshfield Public Library
- Wild Wednesdays at Wildwood Park and Zoo
- Indoor and outdoor playtime
- Additional field trips (bowling, swimming, etc.) approximately once a week at a minimal additional cost
Are meals included in Summer Care fees?
- Children are served a nutritionally balanced breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack, all prepared by our fabulous cook, Diane Zimmerman.
- We make every effort to meet the needs of children with food allergies.
How can I register my child for Summer Care?
- Come to the church office to register in person.
- Print the downloadable registration form and mail completed form and $20 registration fee per child to Immanuel Lutheran Church, 604 S Chestnut Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449.